As Senior Consultant Supply Chain Sustainability, you will use your knowledge, experience and network to make the entire supply chain sustainable for your clients. With focus on the areas of supply chain management, warehousing, production and transport & distribution. As a senior consultant, you will play a leading role in the expansion of our sustainable logistics branch. You will focus on themes such as efficient urban logistics, the application of circularity, carbon footprint, electrification and charging infrastructure. How do you make buildings, packaging and processes sustainable and recycle raw materials? As a Senior Consultant Supply Chain Sustainability, you will solve various logistical problems in this area on a project basis. You will do this for clients in both the public and commercial domain. Examples of projects are:
- making the entire production chain of a beer brewer sustainable
- issuing advice based on market research carried out into the sustainability policy of municipalities with regard to transport and logistics
- carrying out CO2 performance scans and benchmarks for shippers and carriers
Working at Districon
Join us! For over 45 years, Districon has been working with organizations worldwide on the development of strategies and the solution of issues for integrated chain management. How can things be even more efficient and sustainable? We enjoy challenges, the harder the better. Only the best result is good enough. We do this with some 80 enthusiastic colleagues from Maarssen, Singapore and Chicago.
Our attractive office in Maarssen is the base camp from which we serve our clients as best as possible. Right next to the A2 motorway, so easy to reach. Coming by public transport? Maarssen station is about a 15-minute walk away.
Your future team will be working energetically on themes that contribute to making logistics more sustainable. The urgency of this theme is the connecting factor, with everyone having their own specialism and motives for sustainability.
An intrinsic motivation to make progress in the field of sustainable logistics. You have the ability to keep going until you see the right solution, you are flexible, like to coach colleagues and independently manage large projects. You use the right tools and ensure the development and innovation of our logistics services with sustainability as the spearhead. To this end, you bring in your own network and experience in the field of making the logistics chain sustainable. As a basis, you have an affinity with tooling and visualization of logistic data. Because of your experience in working with and for both the government and commercial sectors, you move easily in both playing fields.
Furthermore, as a Senior Consultant Supply Chain Sustainability, you are:
- ambitious: you always want to get the best result
- curious: you’ll keep asking to get to the core of the issue
- empathic: you empathize with the client and think along from his or her position
- solution-focused: you convert customer demand into analysis, modelling and project approach
As a basis you bring along:
- extensive work experience in sustainable logistics, for example at a consultancy firm, government agency, organization in the energy sector or transporter
- a completed relevant university education
- intrinsic motivation for contributing to a sustainable living environment
- excellent command of Dutch or English
What do you get from us?
Plenty of dynamism at Districon! We offer you a wide range of projects in which you can participate and expand your experience. You will learn from working with other experienced consultants and get a glimpse of the various areas of expertise we have on offer. Learn and experience in order to map out your own career path.
We alternate hard work with delicious lunches, Friday afternoon drinks, barbecues, winter sports outings and once every two years a weekend away with the entire company. In any case, a good work-life balance is important to us.
And then you also get:
- an appropriate salary with good career opportunities
- participation in the long-term development program 'Expedition Districon' which consists of coaching and training of practical and your consulting and coaching skills
- well-facilitated home office, so you can work partly at home and partly in the office, this includes a laptop and smartphone
- travel allowance for own or public transport
- 28 holiday days and the possibility to buy extra
- personal budget to spend yourself, for example on a bicycle or extra holidays, but you can also have it paid out
- excellent pension build-up: no worries for later.
How to apply
Do you have questions about the vacancy Senior Consultant Supply Chain Sustainability? Sanne Aelfers is happy to answer them. Or have you already decided and can't wait to meet our supply chain sustainability experts? Then e-mail your CV and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Because of our growth, we are constantly looking for talent. Are you curious about Districon and the possibilities for you? Then don't hesitate to contact us. A good cup of coffee and our team are ready for you!