On a project basis, you work together with colleagues from other areas of expertise on a variety of distribution issues. Such as network design and optimization, location selection and route planning. You carry out a benchmarking assignment and devise solutions for urban logistics. Or you will work on an efficient information system and supervise transport and warehouse tenders. You are doing these projects for clients all over the world. In addition, our training program 'Expedition Districon' will help you to develop both your knowledge of the logistics field and your personal skills.
As Medior consultant ‘Network & Mobility’ (transport & distributie), you can use your skills for projects such as:
- setting out a long-term supply chain strategy for a national chain of DIY stores
- assessing the feasibility of a last-mile city hub in the Randstad
- optimizing distribution routes for an innovative technical wholesaler
- devising an optimal European network with new distribution centers for a retail chain
- implementing a new Transport Management System (TMS) for a globally operating trading company
- making a business case for outsourcing for a leading fashion retailer
Working at Districon
Join us! For over 45 years, Districon has been working with organizations worldwide on developing strategies and solving problems for integral chain management. How can things be even more efficient and sustainable? We enjoy challenges, the harder the better. Only the best result is good enough. We succeed in this with 80 enthusiastic colleagues from Maarssen, Singapore and Chicago.
Our attractive office in Maarssen is the base camp from which we serve our clients as best as possible. Right next to the A2 motorway, so easy to reach. Do you travel by public transport? Maarssen station is only a 15-minute walk away.
You have the ability to keep going until you see the right solution. You are flexible, a conceptual thinker and you like different workplaces. Working with international clients appeals to you, as does going abroad once in a while to visit your clients. Coaching colleagues gives you energy. You have commercial instincts and are a conceptual thinker. You know how to manage large projects and to use the right tools. You also ensure the development and innovation of our services.
As Medior consultant ‘Network & Mobility’ (transport & distributie) you are also
- ambitious: you always want to achieve the best result
- inquisitive: you get to the heart of the matter
- empathic: you empathize with the client and think along from his or her position
- solution-oriented: you convert the customer's question into analysis, modelling and a solid project approach.
As a basis you will bring:
- some work experience at a logistics service provider, transporter, shipper or software supplier (such as TMS)
- a completed university degree in Supply Chain, (Technical) Business Administration, Operations Management, Economics or Transport Studies
- excellent proficiency of both Dutch and English
What do you get from us?
Enough dynamics at Districon! We offer you a wide range of projects in which you can participate and gain experience. You will learn from working with experienced consultants and get a glimpse of the various areas of expertise we have on offer. Learn and experience in order to map out your own career path.
We combine hard work with delicious lunches, Friday afternoon drinks, barbecues, winter sports and once every two years a weekend away with the entire company. If corona allows us, of course. In any case, a good work-life balance is important to us.
And then, you also get:
- a competitive salary with good career opportunities
- participation in the multi-year development program 'Expedition Districon' that consists of coaching and training of practical skills and your consulting- and coaching skills
- a well-facilitated home office, so you can work partly at home and partly in the office
- including a laptop and smartphone
- Travel allowance for own or public transport
- 28 holiday days and the possibility to buy extra holiday days
- a well-facilitated home workplace
- a personal budget to spend, for example on a bicycle or buy extra holidays, but you can also have it paid out
- an excellent pension scheme: no worries for later
How to apply
Have you already decided and can't wait to meet our supply chain experts? Then mail your resume and motivation to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest, but no acquisition in response to this vacancy