How do you mechanize logistics processes for lingerie and what forces are released by a 20ft air cargo pallet? How do you find a balance in investments in mechanization and automation versus manpower? Typical material handling questions you have come across in recent years. As a Medior Consultant Material Handling Systems (MHS) at Districon, you can further develop your experience in this discipline.
You will do this by:
- Making a difference for an air cargo carrier anywhere in the world, for a Benelux wholesaler in DIY or a European distribution center of a world-famous sports brand
- Understanding processes and, with an open mind, devising original and optimal mechanized solutions and working these out in a design program such as AutoCAD
- Giving advice and presenting the results and findings convincingly to the client
You will be working in the Advisory team, which consists of around 25 enthusiastic and driven colleagues. Together with the other Business Consultants with different expertises, you spar and constantly challenge each other to get the best out of yourself. You give direction to the further development of the Material Handling Systems discipline within Districon.
Working at Districon
Join us! For over 45 years, Districon has been working with organizations all over the world to develop strategies and solve problems for integrated chain management. How can things be done even more efficiently and sustainably? We enjoy challenges, the harder the better. Only the best result is good enough. We succeed in this with 80 enthusiastic colleagues from Amersfoort, Singapore and Chicago.
Districon is the advisory group Supply Chain & Logistics of Royal RaskoningDHV. Royal HaskoningDHV is a global engineering, project management and consultancy firm, with 6,000 colleagues in 140 countries. Together we work on projects that have a positive impact on people, our living environment and the economy. With the Business Line Industry & Buildings we serve a broad, international market. Within the Business Line there are projects within various markets, among which: consumer goods, pharma, logistics, data centers, energy, healthcare, government and education.
A great passion for optimizing processes and devising mechanized solutions. Your experience shows your ambition to develop in the MHS field, both as an Engineer and a Consultant. You are reliable and persevere until you find the right solution. You are flexible, like to visit your customers abroad if necessary and a changing work place is no problem for you. As a real team player you operate effortlessly in multi-stakeholder environments and you work well in teams, both internally and externally.
Furthermore, as Medior Consultant Material Handling Systems you are:
- Analytically strong: you see through and simplify complicated processes and draw the right conclusions based on logistical characteristics
- Inquisitive: you always want to know exactly how things work and you get to the core of the question.
- Result-oriented: you get a kick out of delivering a good MHS solution within the deadlines of the customer
As a basis, you bring along:
- A completed university degree in Mechanical Engineering, Technical Management or comparable education
- About 2 to 5 years of work experience as MHS engineer or developer
- Experience with design (such as AutoCAD), (3D) visualization and simulation programs
- Excellent command of both Dutch and English
What do you get from us?
Plenty of dynamics at Districon! We offer you a wide range of projects in which to work and gain experience. You will learn from working with experienced consultants and get a glimpse of the various areas of expertise we have on offer. Learn and experience in order to map out your own career path.
We alternate hard work with delicious lunches, Friday afternoon drinks, barbecues, winter sports and once every two years a weekend away with the entire company. If corona allows us, of course. In any case, a good work-life balance is important to us.
And then, you also get:
- A competitive salary with good career opportunities
- Participation in the multi-year development program 'Expedition Districon' that consists of coaching and training of practical skills and your consulting- and coaching skills
- A well-facilitated home office, so you can work partly at home and partly in the office
- including a laptop and smartphone
- Travel allowance for own or public transport
- 28 holiday days and the possibility to buy extra holiday days
- A personal budget to spend, for example on a bicycle or buy extra holidays, but you can also have it paid out
- An excellent pension scheme: no worries for later
“You will work in our office in Amersfoort. But you have access to all our other offices (eg: Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Eindhoven, Nijmegen).”
Want to apply?
Already decided and can't wait to meet our supply chain experts? Apply via the button below.
If you have any questions about our vacancy Medior Consultant Material Handling Systems, please feel free to ask Huub Timmermans at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest, but no acquisition in relation to this vacancy