How can we optimize our Supply Chain network to reduce cost levels? What is the best forecasting method to predict our sales? Is every customer profitable? Typical supply chain questions you have already encountered during your studies in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Econometrics or a previous experience in Operations Research. As a Consultant Supply Chain Management at Districon, you will work on these questions, often supported by software such as AIMMS, PowerBI or Python. Your sharp analytical insight and ability to convert figures into usable advice and applications with which customers can improve their planning, will help you do so.
You make the difference for our customers with dynamic projects such as:
- Modelling the future Supply Chain Network for an international wholesale company
- Designing and implementing a new S&OP/IBP process and tool for a globally operating production company
- Building a supply chain control tower for a world-famous sports brand
- Developing a strategic forecasting tool to predict global market sales for one of the largest food & beverage companies
On the data analytics & solutions page, you can read more about this working method and find examples from practice.
Working at Districon
Join us! For over 45 years, Districon has been working with organizations all over the world to develop strategies and solve problems for integrated chain management. How can things be done even more efficiently and sustainably? We enjoy challenges, the harder the better. Only the best result is good enough. We succeed in this with 80 enthusiastic colleagues from Amersfoort, Singapore and Chicago.
Districon is the advisory group Supply Chain & Logistics of Royal RaskoningDHV. Royal HaskoningDHV is a global engineering, project management and consultancy firm, with 6,000 colleagues in 140 countries. Together we work on projects that have a positive impact on people, our living environment and the economy. With the Business Line Industry & Buildings we serve a broad, international market. Within the Business Line there are projects within various markets, among which: consumer goods, pharma, logistics, data centers, energy, healthcare, government and education.
As Consultant Supply Chain Management, you will be working in the supply chain analytics team that consists of around 30 ambitious colleagues. You complement each other in terms of content and continuously challenge each other to get the best out of you (and the data you collect).
A passion for supply chain management. Your study results show your ambition to develop yourself in the supply chain world. You have guts and are a go-getter: you keep going until you find the right solution. You enjoy interpreting data and transforming it into usable applications. You ask your colleagues for help when necessary and are flexible: you like to visit customers abroad if necessary and get energy from a changing workplace. Your presentation skills are fluently and clearly and you enjoy new challenges.
Furthermore, as a Consultant Supply Chain Management you are:
- Capable of explaining complex processes easily
- Inquisitive: you always want to know exactly how things work, and understand them well
- Analytically strong: you draw the right conclusions from a whole range of numbers and variables
As a basis you bring along:
- A completed WO degree in Supply Chain Management, Econometrics, Industrial Engineering or Applied Mathematics
- Knowledge of AIMMS, Qlik, PowerBI, Python and/or R
- Some work experience in supply chain or operations management
- Excellent proficiency of both Dutch and English.
What do you get from us?
Plenty of dynamics at Districon! We offer you a wide range of projects in which to work and gain experience. You will learn from working with experienced consultants and get a glimpse of the various areas of expertise we have on offer. Learn and experience in order to map out your own career path.
We alternate hard work with delicious lunches, Friday afternoon drinks, barbecues, winter sports and once every two years a weekend away with the entire company. If corona allows us, of course. In any case, a good work-life balance is important to us.
And then, you also get:
- A competitive salary with good career opportunities
- Participation in the multi-year development program 'Expedition Districon' that consists of coaching and training of practical skills and your consulting- and coaching skills
- A well-facilitated home office, so you can work partly at home and partly in the office
- including a laptop and smartphone
- Travel allowance for own or public transport
- 28 holiday days and the possibility to buy extra holiday days
- A personal budget to spend, for example on a bicycle or buy extra holidays, but you can also have it paid out
- An excellent pension scheme: no worries for later
“You will work in our office in Amersfoort. But you have access to all our other offices (eg: Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Eindhoven, Nijmegen).”
Want to apply?
Already decided and can't wait to meet our supply chain experts? Apply via the button below.
Because of our growth, we are constantly looking for talent. Are you curious about Districon and the possibilities for you? Then don't hesitate to contact us. The coffee and our team are ready for you!
Thank you for your interest, but no acquisition in relation to this vacancy.