What you will do as a Senior Logistics Solution Design Consultant APAC
The role will solve various warehousing issues on a project basis, from concept development, automation/mechanization, process optimization and benchmarking, up to and including tender guidance. You will work with an impressive range of blue chip clients to understand and capture their requirements and then deliver projects with your data-driven approach, industry expertise and our digital tools. You will have the opportunity to help define how the engineering industry integrates simulation and other advanced analytics to optimize and de-risk design and solve the operational challenges of our clients.
You will use your skills, along with your teammates, for projects such as:
- Devise and realize a logistics and automation concepts for large new fulfillment centers for leading B2C e-commerce companies
- Make a business case for automation for a leading F&B company
- Optimize the processes in the national DC of an innovative technical wholesaler
- Build predictive simulation models of various material flow concepts under consideration and turn the output data into actionable insights and value for client
Where you will work
A great opportunity to join and shape a new entrepreneurial team focused on providing data-driven solutions for our clients across the APAC region. Royal HaskoningDHV (RHDHV) is a highly-respected 140+ year old engineering consultancy company that designs & builds industrial assets such factories and logistics centers for many leading organizations. In 2022, we’ve joined forces with Districon, a leading supply chain and logistics consultancy with 45 years’ experience developing strategies and solving issues for integrated logistics and supply chain management.
Our new joint team forms the Supply Chain & Logistics Centre of Excellence within RHDHV. We provide top-tier logistics & supply chain advisory as well as digital supply chain advanced analytics services on top of RHDHV’s traditional engineering and consultancy domain knowledge.
The role can be based in Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, Jakarta in Indonesia and Singapore.
What you bring
Qualifications & Experience:
You are expected to be our APAC team’s lead expert on logistics, automation, and warehousing topics. You will bring practical previous experience from logistics consulting or 3PL solution design role. Experience with hands-on delivery of operational improvement within a warehousing, manufacturing, supply chain environment to speak the language of our clients is required.
- A degree in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Transportation, etc), Supply Chain, Operations Research, Logistics, or equivalent relevant fields.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in warehouse or DC layout design and optimization including material handling and storage automation solution concept designs.
- Able to analyze material and information flows within logistics and production environments to design and optimization site intralogistics.
- A strong statistics and analytical skill set – you are able to manage large data sets, map important processes and draw insights and conclusions from your analysis for our clients.
- Demonstrated project and client management and communication skills to deliver projects.
- Experience applying business and operational improvement concepts (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma)
- Nice to have exposure to Smart Warehousing/Industry 4.0 solutions in warehousing and industrial environments.
- Nice to have exposure to eCommerce and B2C fulfillment and sortation centre environments.
- Ambitious; you always go for the best result
- Curious; goes to the heart of the issue
- Empathetic; you empathize with the customer and think along from his or her position
- Solution-oriented; you convert customer demand into analysis, modeling and project approach
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Annual salary review, profit sharing/ bonus if any
- Medical benefits/ insurance
- Opportunities for training and development
- A positive, friendly and professional working environment
Are you our new colleague?
If this role sounds like the right challenge, we are interested in hearing from you! We will share more about us and the benefits of coming to work together in our small but quickly growing team and the wider RHDHV & Districon cultures and work benefits during our interview process.
Please apply with your CV and feel free to connect directly with our team on LinkedIn for any questions.
Note that we require candidates to have proper work permits in one of the locations listed above. Acquisition by agencies is not appreciated.