You believe in a successful transition to electric driving, by, among other things, deploying smart systems for optimal grid management. As a Senior Consultant in the Sustainability Team, you will help develop themes such as efficient urban logistics, carbon footprint, electrification and charging infrastructure. With your background in the energy world, you move effortlessly between governments, grid managers and businesses. You know that switching to electric vehicles to supply urban areas brings challenges for network capacity, for example. You initiate discussions about this and devise creative solutions to better attune supply and demand. How do you optimise the use of smart charging and load balancing?
You keep track of developments in the field of charging infrastructure in order to further develop our services in the area of electrification and charging infrastructure. As a Senior Consultant Electrification and Charging Infrastructure, you use your skills for projects such as:
- Mapping charging needs in areas and advising governments on this: which capacities are expected, with which impact on the grid connection?
- Advising companies on their fleet management, such as the type of electric vehicles and the ideal battery capacity
- Supporting transport companies in determining the best charging strategy: depending on route profiles, range and costs at the depot, during loading/unloading or en route.
Working at Districon
Join us! For over 45 years, Districon has been working with organizations worldwide on the development of strategies and the solution of issues for integrated chain management. How can things be even more efficient and sustainable? We enjoy challenges, the harder the better. Only the best result is good enough. We do this with some 80 enthusiastic colleagues from Amersfoort, Singapore and Chicago.
Districon is the advisory group Supply Chain & Logistics of Royal RaskoningDHV. Royal HaskoningDHV is a global engineering, project management and consultancy firm, with 6,000 colleagues in 140 countries. Together we work on projects that have a positive impact on people, our living environment and the economy. With the Business Line Industry & Buildings we serve a broad, international market. Within the Business Line there are projects within various markets, among which: consumer goods, pharma, logistics, data centers, energy, healthcare, government and education.
Your sustainability team
Your future team will be working energetically on themes that contribute to making logistics more sustainable. The urgency of this theme is the connecting factor, with everyone having their own specialism and motives for sustainability.
An intrinsic motivation to make progress in the field of sustainable logistics. You have experience in working with logistical data, such as independently converting data into load capacity. Thanks to your experience in the energy world, you move easily between governments, grid managers and companies. You speak the language of the grid managers and keep going until you find the right solution. You are flexible and know how to manage large projects independently. Guiding the junior consultants in our team gives you energy. As a conceptual thinker, you actively contribute to the further development of the domain of sustainable logistics.
Furthermore, as Senior Consultant Electrification and Charging Infrastructure:
- Ambitious: you always want to get the best result
- Inquisitive: you go to the heart of the matter
- Organization sensitive: you understand and are well informed about what is going on at governments and companies, you think along with them from their perspective.
As a basis, you bring along:
- Several years of work experience in the energy sector, for example at a grid operator
- Experience in working with logistical data
- Intrinsic motivation to take big steps in the field of sustainability
- Excellent command of both the Dutch and English languages.
What do you get from us?
Plenty of dynamism at Districon! We offer you a wide range of projects in which you can participate and expand your experience. You will learn from working with other experienced consultants and get a glimpse of the various areas of expertise we have on offer. Learn and experience in order to map out your own career path.
We alternate hard work with delicious lunches, Friday afternoon drinks, barbecues, winter sports outings and once every two years a weekend away with the entire company. In any case, a good work-life balance is important to us.
And then you also get:
- An appropriate salary with good career opportunities
- Participation in the long-term development program 'Expedition Districon' which consists of coaching and training of practical and your consulting and coaching skills
- Well-facilitated home office, so you can work partly at home and partly in the office, this includes a laptop and smartphone
- Travel allowance for own or public transport
- 28 holiday days and the possibility to buy extra
- Personal budget to spend yourself, for example on a bicycle or extra holidays, but you can also have it paid out
- Excellent pension build-up: no worries for later.
“You will work in our office in Amersfoort. But you have access to all our other offices (eg: Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Eindhoven, Nijmegen).”
Read how Ronald Schoo and Sanne Aelfers experienced their job and this work field, perhaps your future colleagues!
How to apply
If you have questions about the vacancy Senior Consultant Electrification and Charging Infrastructure? Then our expert in sustainable logistics Sanne Aelfers is happy to answer them. Or have you already decided and can't wait to meet our supply chain sustainability experts? Then apply via the button below.
Because of our growth, we are constantly looking for talent. Are you curious about Districon and the possibilities for you? Then don't hesitate to contact us. A good cup of coffee and our team are ready for you
Thank you for your interest, but no acquisition in response to this vacancy.