Almost every product that you use every day has at some point come into contact with Air Cargo. How have these products travelled and can they still be more efficient? You devise the optimal logistics route for your customer by converting intelligent data analyses into concrete improvement plans.
Air cargo is part of a logistics chain with many hubs. Shipment of goods can be followed in every detail with the help of data. Your first period as Junior Information Consultant Air Cargo will therefore be used to make this data your own and to understand standard processes. The fact that you are handy with IT systems and have a strong analytical background will help you do this. Soon you will be supporting current international projects of the Air Cargo team. You will rapidly acquire knowledge of the air cargo sector and participate in innovation and development projects.
The Districon Airports & Air Cargo team consists of 5 direct colleagues who will show you the way in the world of international air cargo. Districon works for airports all over the world. Your teammates are your sparring partners. Together with the other teams, you continuously challenge each other to get the best out of you. There is no shortage of ambition.
Working at Districon
Join us! For over 45 years, Districon has been working with organizations worldwide on developing strategies and solving problems for integral chain management. How can things be even more efficient and sustainable? We enjoy challenges, the harder the better. Only the best result is good enough. We succeed in this with 80 enthusiastic colleagues from Maarssen, Singapore and Chicago.
Our attractive office in Maarssen is the base camp from which we serve our clients as best as possible. Right next to the A2 motorway, so easy to reach. Do you travel by public transport? Maarssen station is only a 15-minute walk away.
You have the ability to keep going until you see the right solution. You have good analytic skills, are flexible and will ask your colleagues for help if needed. The consultants are eager to help you: after all, your development is our priority. You are curious, always wanting to find out more to get to the heart of the problem. You can easily make connections in complex issues and you are empathetic: you empathise with customers and think along with them.
As Junior Information Consultant Air Cargo, you bring along the following as a basis:
- a completed university degree in Supply Chain Management or (Technical) Business Administration
- affinity with IT: data analyses, BI and basic knowledge of programming languages and databases
- some work experience gained during or after your studies
- excellent command of both Dutch and English.
What do you get from us?
Plenty of dynamics at Districon! We offer you a wide range of projects in which you can participate and gain experience. You will learn from working with experienced consultants and get a glimpse of the various areas of expertise we have on offer. Learn and experience in order to map out your own career path.
We combine hard work with delicious lunches, Friday afternoon drinks, barbecues, winter sports and once every two years a weekend away with the entire company. If corona allows us, of course. In any case, a good work-life balance is important to us.
And then, you also get:
- a competitive salary with good career opportunities
- participation in the multi-year development program 'Expedition Districon' that consists of coaching and training of practical skills and your consulting- and coaching skills
- a well-facilitated home office, so you can work partly at home and partly in the office
- including a laptop and smartphone
- Travel allowance for own or public transport
- 28 holiday days and the possibility to buy extra holiday days
- a well-facilitated home workplace
- a personal budget to spend, for example on a bicycle or buy extra holidays, but you can also have it paid out
- an excellent pension scheme: no worries for later
Want to apply?
Have you already decided and can't wait to meet our supply chain experts? Then mail your resume and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest, but no acquisition in response to this vacancy.