You are passionate about logistics with a focus on sustainability. Your career in supply chain sustainability gets off to a flying start at Districon. With challenging assignments in more efficient organization of city logistics, network & transport or supply chain management. How do you apply circularity in the logistics chain? How do you reduce your clients' carbon footprint? In the Young Talent Program, you will participate fully in these projects from you first day at Districon. Every six months you will face a new challenge in making warehousing, distribution or sales & operations more sustainable. You will work in a team with experienced consultants and experts in various disciplines.
As Junior Consultant Supply Chain Sustainability, you will use your talents for projects such as:
- making the production chain of a beer brewer sustainable
- carrying out CO2 performance scans and benchmarks for shippers and transporters
- devising a commercial and sustainable plan for building new distribution centres for a major retailer
- creating a planning tool for the most efficient supply of sports products in a distribution centre.
Working at Districon
Join us! For over 45 years, Districon has been working with organizations worldwide on the development of strategies and the solution of issues for integrated chain management. How can things be even more efficient and sustainable? We enjoy challenges, the harder the better. Only the best result is good enough. We do this with some 80 enthusiastic colleagues from Maarssen, Singapore and Chicago.
Our attractive office in Maarssen is the base camp from which we serve our clients as best as possible. Right next to the A2 motorway, so easy to reach. Coming by public transport? Maarssen station is about a 15-minute walk away.
Your sustainability team
Your future team will be working energetically on themes that contribute to making logistics more sustainable. The urgency of this theme is the connecting factor, with everyone having their own specialism and motives for sustainability.
An intrinsic motivation to make the logistics chain more sustainable. The ability to keep going until you find the best solution. You are flexible, you enjoy variety and ask your colleague for advice if you are having problems. The consultants are eager to help you: your development is our priority. You are ambitious, analytically strong and with your inquisitive mind you always get to the core of an issue. You enjoy visiting your international clients abroad. You communicate clearly, always look at things from the other side and respond accordingly.
As Junior Consultant Supply Chain Sustainability, you will bring along the following as a basis
- a completed university degree in Supply Chain Management, (Technical) Business Administration, Operations Management or Mechanical Engineering - preferably with supply chain as a focus area
- some (work) experience in supply chain, sustainability or consultancy, gained during or after your studies
- excellent command of Dutch or English.
What do you get from us?
Plenty of dynamism at Districon! We offer you a wide range of projects in which you can participate and expand your experience. You will learn from working with other experienced consultants and get a glimpse of the various areas of expertise we have on offer. Learn and experience in order to map out your own career path.
We alternate hard work with delicious lunches, Friday afternoon drinks, barbecues, winter sports outings and once every two years a weekend away with the entire company. In any case, a good work-life balance is important to us.
And then you also get:
- an appropriate salary with good career opportunities
- participation in the long-term development program 'Expedition Districon' which consists of coaching and training of practical and your consulting and coaching skills
- well-facilitated home office, so you can work partly at home and partly in the office, this includes a laptop and smartphone
- travel allowance for own or public transport
- 28 holiday days and the possibility to buy extra
- personal budget to spend yourself, for example on a bicycle or extra holidays, but you can also have it paid out
- excellent pension build-up: no worries for later.
The Young Talent Program is part of the development program Expedition Districon. You will have a weekly training day with all Junior Supply Chain Professionals. Your personal development is central during these days: how do you use your skills effectively? But you will also learn everything about interpreting logistical data and the right tactics for developing challenging supply chain cases in sustainability.
Want to apply?
If you have questions about the vacancy Junior Consultant Supply Chain Sustainability, then our expert in sustainable logistics Sanne Aelfers is happy to answer them.
Or have you already decided and can't wait to meet our supply chain sustainability experts? Then e-mail your CV and motivation to email@example.com.