How do you reduce the risk of bottles breaking during the production process? What is the most efficient routing of groceries from the distribution centre to customers? Typical supply chain questions you probably already encountered during your study Supply Chain Management, Econometrics or previous experience in Operations Research. As Junior Consultant Supply Chain Data Scientist at Districon, you will solve these questions. Together with a dedicated team, you develop and implement customised (AIMMS) applications. You make the difference for clients in, for example, the food & beverage or retail sector. The solutions you manage support our clients' supply chain processes. Think of a production planning solution for a manufacturer, but also of an improvement of a S&OP/IBP cycle.
On the data analytics & solutions page, you read more about this working method and find examples from practice.
Working at Districon
Join us! For over 45 years, Districon has been working with organizations all over the world to develop strategies and solve problems for integrated chain management. How can things be done even more efficiently and sustainably? We enjoy challenges, the harder the better. Only the best result is good enough. We succeed in this with 80 enthusiastic colleagues from Maarssen, Singapore and Chicago.
Our attractive office in Maarssen is the base camp from which we serve our clients as best as possible. Right next to the A2 motorway, so easy to reach. Coming by public transport? Maarssen station is about a 15-minute walk away.
As Junior Consultant Supply Chain Data Scientist, you will be working in the supply chain analytics team that consists of around 30 ambitious colleagues. You complement each other in terms of content and continuously challenge each other to get the best out of you (and the data you collect).
To work together with experienced colleagues to create the right (AIMMS) solution for the supply chains of our customers. You do this by being actively involved in a project from beginning to end. You join discussions with the client and develop customized solutions in AIMMS based on the output. With the other colleagues of Test & Code you review each other's work. You participate in and give input to regular sprint meetings, in which you connect the business challenges with the solution requirements. You then implement the applications and, by providing training and good support, ensure a smooth go-live and hyper care period. You like to visit the customer abroad, if necessary.
In addition, as Junior Consultant Supply Chain Data Scientist, you are:
- analytical strong: capable of understanding and explaining complex processes
- good at maths: you can easily draw the right conclusions from a large amount of data
- pragmatic: not always the most complex mathematical solution will help our customer.
- brave: dares to ask questions and goes on until you find the right solution
- curious: you always want to know exactly how it works
As a basis you take along:
- Master's degree in Supply Chain management, Econometrics/Operations Research or Applied Mathematics
- preferably knowledge of AIMMS, Python and/or R, SQL
- some work experience in supply chain or operations management
- excellent proficiency of both the Dutch and English languages
What do you get from us?
Plenty of dynamics at bij Districon! We offer you a wide range of projects in which to work and gain experience. You will learn from working with experienced consultants and get a glimpse of the various areas of expertise we have on offer. Learn and experience in order to map out your own career path.
We alternate hard work with delicious lunches, Friday afternoon drinks, barbecues, winter sports and once every two years a weekend away with the entire company. If corona allows us, of course. In any case, a good work-life balance is important to us.
And then, you also get:
- a competitive salary with good career opportunities
- participation in the multi-year development program 'Expedition Districon' that consists of coaching and training of practical skills and your consulting- and coaching skills
- a well-facilitated home office, so you can work partly at home and partly in the office
- including a laptop and smartphone
- Travel allowance for own or public transport
- 28 holiday days and the possibility to buy extra holiday days
- a well-facilitated home workplace
- a personal budget to spend, for example on a bicycle or buy extra holidays, but you can also have it paid out
- an excellent pension scheme: no worries for later
Want to apply?
Already decided and can't wait to meet our supply chain experts? Mail your resume and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Because of our growth, we are constantly looking for talent. Are you curious about Districon and the possibilities for you? Then don't hesitate to contact us. The coffee and our team are ready for you!
Thank you for your interest, but no acquisition in relation to this vacancy.