How do you map out an entire chain from production to customer at order line level? Or do you develop a dashboard to gain insight into orders and stock? These are all tools that are part of solving supply chain issues for a wide range of industries. As Junior Consultant Business Intelligence at Districon, you will design these decision-support models: the basis for process optimization.
You will be working with our clients from day one. You will help them gain insight into their production or distribution process at a detailed level, or advise them about shop supplies. This starts with a careful analysis. You map out all variables, collect relevant data and convert this into graphs and tables. Your recommendation forms the basis for calculating models with which chain processes can be optimized for the client.
On the data analytics & solutions page, you read more about this working method and find examples from practice.
Working at Districon
Join us! For over 45 years, Districon has been working with organizations all over the world to develop strategies and solve problems for integrated chain management. How can things be done even more efficiently and sustainably? We enjoy challenges, the harder the better. Only the best result is good enough. We succeed in this with 80 enthusiastic colleagues from Amersfoort, Singapore and Chicago.
Districon is the advisory group Supply Chain & Logistics of Royal HaskoningDHV. Royal HaskoningDHV is a global engineering, project management and consultancy firm, with 6,000 colleagues in 140 countries. Together we work on projects that have a positive impact on people, our living environment and the economy. With the Business Line Industry & Buildings we serve a broad, international market. Within the Business Line there are projects within various markets, among which: consumer goods, pharma, logistics, data centers, energy, healthcare, government and education.
As Junior Consultant Business Intelligence, you will be working in the supply chain analytics team that consists of around 30 ambitious colleagues. You complement each other in terms of content and continuously challenge each other to get the best out of you (and the data you collect).
A weakness for calculation and interpreting data. There is nothing you enjoy more than drawing conclusions from data and converting them into a tool or dashboard. You have an affinity with programming from your education or because you are handy at building websites, for example. You are critical, accurate and show courage, you like to create your own opportunities. And you are also flexible: if necessary, you like to visit your client abroad and you like a change of workplace.
Furthermore, as Junior Consultant Business Intelligence you are:
- Analytically strong: you draw the right conclusions from a whole series of numbers and variables
- Creative: you look at everything from a slightly different angle
- A bit headstrong: you think further than necessary and also give unsolicited advice
As a basis, you bring along:
- A completed bachelor's degree in Technical Business Administration or IT-related studies
- Some work experience in supply chain, logistics or ICT, gained during or after your studies
- Experience with Power BI or Qlik
- Excellent proficiency of both Dutch and English
What do you get from us?
Plenty of dynamics at Districon! We offer you a wide range of projects in which to work and gain experience. You will learn from working with experienced consultants and get a glimpse of the various areas of expertise we have on offer. Learn and experience in order to map out your own career path.
We alternate hard work with delicious lunches, Friday afternoon drinks, barbecues, winter sports and once every two years a weekend away with the entire company. If corona allows us, of course. In any case, a good work-life balance is important to us.
And then, you also get:
- A competitive salary with good career opportunities
- Participation in the multi-year development program 'Expedition Districon' that consists of coaching and training of practical skills and your consulting- and coaching skills
- A well-facilitated home office, so you can work partly at home and partly in the office
- including a laptop and smartphone
- Travel allowance for own or public transport
- 28 holiday days and the possibility to buy extra holiday days
- A personal budget to spend, for example on a bicycle or buy extra holidays, but you can also have it paid out
- An excellent pension scheme: no worries for later
The Young Talent Program is part of the development program Expedition Districon. You get a weekly training day with all Young Supply Chain Professionals. Your personal development is central during these days: how do you use your skills effectively? But you will also learn everything about interpreting logistical data and the right tactics for working out challenging supply chain cases.
“You will work in our office in Amersfoort. But you have access to all our other offices (eg: Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Eindhoven, Nijmegen).”
Want to apply?
Have you already decided and can't wait to meet our supply chain experts? Apply via the button below.
If you have any questions about our vacancy Junior Consultant Business Intelligence, please feel free to ask Aleks Hoogendoorn at 06 5116 1966 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Because of our growth, we are constantly looking for talent. Are you curious about Districon and the possibilities for you? Then don't hesitate to contact us. The coffee and our team are ready for you!
Thank you for your interest, but no acquisition in relation to this vacancy.