We ask our customers: Are your supply chain and logistics fit for changing demand patterns, disruptive events and resource scarcity? Do they support your climate ambitions with cradle-to-cradle insights and action?
Supply chain is our DNA, engineering and analytics our key focus and interest. We believe that applying the right technology enables our customers to improve their supply chain processes and planning. And, as a consequence, improve their business: better results, build resilience and be sustainable.
Our supply chain and logistic solutions ensure:
- Informed decisions on strategy, tactics and operations throughout the entire chain
- A unique mix of process experience, data science expertise, digital tools and technology
What is the optimal balance between demand, supply and capacity? What is the optimal energy infrastructure for electrical vehicles? What is the optimal order batching and picking sequence in a warehouse? What is the optimal production schedule in manufacturing environment? What is the optimal fleet utilization of an ocean, air, rail or road carrier? And any other supply chain optimization challenge.
As a Consultant Data Scientist Supply Chain, you provide meaningful insights to our customers and solve these challenges by applying data science techniques. You combine principles and practices from the fields of mathematics, statistics, artificial intelligence and computer engineering to structure, clean and analyze data from multiple sources.
You work closely together with our data engineers, BI, optimization and business consultants to develop applications for our customers, that enable them to make data driven, scenario based, decisions. Sharing knowledge from multiple disciplines helps our customers getting the required answers, from strategy to operations.
You will be working in the supply chain, manufacturing & logistics team, which consists of around 30 enthusiastic and driven colleagues. Together with the other Business Consultants with different expertises, you spar and constantly challenge each other to get the best out of yourself. You are entrepreneurial and would like to contribute to the further development of our global centre of excellence.
We work agile, we improve businesses step by step. Based on our in-depth industry understanding, supported by advanced analytical tooling & smart data experts, our efforts lead to direct added value.
We are doing this together with all other colleagues in RHDHV with engineering capabilities in the area of manufacturing, like process engineers or architects.
Join us! For over 45 years, Districon has been working with organizations all over the world to develop strategies and solve problems for integrated chain management. How can things be done even more efficiently and sustainably? We enjoy challenges, the harder the better. Only the best result is good enough. We succeed in this with 80 enthusiastic colleagues from Amersfoort, Singapore and Chicago.
Districon is the advisory group Supply Chain & Logistics of Royal HaskoningDHV. Royal HaskoningDHV is a global engineering, project management and consultancy firm, with 6,000 colleagues in 140 countries. Together we work on projects that have a positive impact on people, our living environment and the economy. With the Business Line Industry & Buildings we serve a broad, international market.
A strong interest for in complex puzzle in the supply chain domain. You have an affinity with programming and connecting data sets. You are critical, accurate and show courage, you like to create your own opportunities.
Furthermore, as a Consultant Data Scientist Supply Chain you are:
- Analytically strong: capable of understanding and explaining complex processes
- Good at mathematics: you can easily draw the right conclusions from a large amount of data
- Pragmatic: you apply a creative approach, and, not always the most complex mathematical solution will help our customer.
- Technology driven: you have an interest in collecting, optimizing, connecting and structuring data from multiple sources
- A bit headstrong: you think further than necessary and also give unsolicited advice
As a basis, you bring along:
- A completed master degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering or a related study
- Some work experience or interest in supply chain, logistics or ICT, gained during or after your studies
- Experience with or interest in SQL, Python or R
- Excellent proficiency of both Dutch and English
- We welcome both starters as consultants with 1-5 years of experience
What do you get from us?
Within Districon, we have all the knowledge and experience for you to grow and develop as a manufacturing & supply chain consultant. At Districon, being a smaller company, everybody knows each other and we all support your initiatives and ideas. Because some of our clients are internationally active, chances are that you work abroad, or you can gain experience for a short time at our offices around the globe, just have a look at https://www.royalhaskoningdhv.com/en/offices to see our global presence. A good work-life balance is our priority: we complement hard work, Friday afternoon drinks, barbecues, winter sports outings and a weekend trip with the whole company once every two years.
And then you also get:
- A competitive salary with good career opportunities
- Participation in the multi-year development program 'Expedition Districon' that consists of coaching and training of practical skills and your consulting- and coaching skills
- A well-facilitated home office, so you can work partly at home and partly in the office
- including a laptop and smartphone
- Travel allowance for own or public transport
- 28 holiday days and the possibility to buy extra holiday days
- A personal budget to spend, for example on a bicycle or buy extra holidays, but you can also have it paid out
- An excellent pension scheme: no worries for later
“You will work in our office in Amersfoort. But you have access to all our other offices (eg: Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Eindhoven, Nijmegen).”
Want to apply?
Have you already decided and can't wait to meet our supply chain experts? Apply via the button below.
If you have any questions about our vacancy Consultant Data Science Supply Chain, please feel free to ask one of our business leaders: Aleks Hoogendoorn (email@example.com)
Because of our growth, we are constantly looking for talent. Are you curious about Districon and the possibilities for you? Then don't hesitate to contact us. The coffee and our team are ready for you!
Thank you for your interest, but no acquisition in relation to this vacancy.