Data engineering is the foundation of good supply chain solutions. For example, how do you set up a well organized and secure data infrastructure? Or data flows in a cloud environment? How do you manage information security? As Consultant Data Engineering at Districon, you will be solving these questions. You provide advice on the data infrastructure, so the right data is available in the right way to the right people. In doing so, you can make the difference for our clients in food & beverage or retail. You design solutions that support supply chain processes, such as a production planning solution for a manufacturer or a solution for an S&OP/IBP cycle. You only stop when you are sure that the customer is completely satisfied.
On the data analytics & solutions page, you can read more about this working method and find examples from practice.
Working at Districon
Join us! For over 45 years, Districon has been working with organizations all over the world to develop strategies and solve problems for integrated chain management. How can things be done even more efficiently and sustainably? We enjoy challenges, the harder the better. Only the best result is good enough. We succeed in this with 80 enthusiastic colleagues from Amersfoort, Singapore and Chicago.
Districon is the advisory group Supply Chain & Logistics of Royal RaskoningDHV. Royal HaskoningDHV is a global engineering, project management and consultancy firm, with 6,000 colleagues in 140 countries. Together we work on projects that have a positive impact on people, our living environment and the economy. With the Business Line Industry & Buildings we serve a broad, international market. Within the Business Line there are projects within various markets, among which: consumer goods, pharma, logistics, data centers, energy, healthcare, government and education.
As Consultant Data Engineering, you will be working in the supply chain analytics team that consists of around 30 ambitious colleagues. You complement each other in terms of content and continuously challenge each other to get the best out of you (and the data you collect).
Together with experienced data engineers, you will create the right technical set-up for our customers. You have a passion for data and data engineering, but also a keen interest in optimizing supply chain processes. You work on designing, building and maintaining ETLs and REST APIs, using the Microsoft Azure platform. You can read and write tools like Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Datalake. Thanks to you, our data infrastructures meet the requirements in the areas of security, compliance, performance and scalability. You are interested in setting up cloud environments via infrastructure-as-code and CI/CD, such as Azure Devops. You succeed in this by setting the right priorities and making the best decision for each challenge in order to achieve a good solution.
In addition, you are as a Consultant Data Engineering:
- Analytical: capable of understanding and explaining complex processes
- Pragmatic: because not always the best technological solution will help our client
- Brave: you have the guts to propose options out of the box
As a basis, you bring along:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a comparable discipline
- Several years of work experience as a Data Engineer
- Excellent proficiency of both the Dutch and English languages
What do you get from us?
Plenty of dynamics at bij Districon! We offer you a wide range of projects in which to work and gain experience. You will learn from working with experienced consultants and get a glimpse of the various areas of expertise we have on offer. Learn and experience in order to map out your own career path.
We alternate hard work with delicious lunches, Friday afternoon drinks, barbecues, winter sports and once every two years a weekend away with the entire company. If corona allows us, of course. In any case, a good work-life balance is important to us.
And then, you also get:
- A competitive salary with good career opportunities
- Participation in the multi-year development program 'Expedition Districon' that consists of coaching and training of practical skills and your consulting- and coaching skills
- A well-facilitated home office, so you can work partly at home and partly in the office
- including a laptop and smartphone
- Travel allowance for own or public transport
- 28 holiday days and the possibility to buy extra holiday days
- A personal budget to spend, for example on a bicycle or buy extra holidays, but you can also have it paid out
- An excellent pension scheme: no worries for later
“You will work in our office in Amersfoort. But you have access to all our other offices (eg: Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Eindhoven, Nijmegen).”
Want to apply?
Already decided and can't wait to meet our supply chain experts? Apply via the button below.
Because of our growth, we are constantly looking for talent. Are you curious about Districon and the possibilities for you? Then don't hesitate to contact us. The coffee and our team are ready for you!
Thank you for your interest, but no acquisition in relation to this vacancy.