KLM CargoRedesign KLM Cargo terminal operations.
|Expertise||Advisory, Warehouses en air cargo terminals|
|Markten||Airports & Air cargo, Service & Maintenance|
In the last decade several assignments have been executed at KLM Cargo’s hub at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- The development and design of a complete new air cargo facility including the handling and control systems. Followed by a positive feasibility study in to combining handling processes with a complete different level of mechanisation.
- Development of a management tool to identify bottlenecks in the trade handling operation related to the flight schedules. Based on the outcome, Districon redesigned the handling process, in particular the control system.
- Design of the mechanized mail handling system with the aim to reduce connection time for transit mail.
- Design of new handling processes for import flows with the aim to increase customer service to forwarders and to reduce storage base.
- Redesign of the animal station in compliance with the complex EU-legislation.